Graduate Summer Internship Program
Since 2013, the IUPUI Division of Student Affairs has offered a summer internship program for graduate students enrolled in student affairs, higher education administration, college student personnel, or similar programs. Each summer, these interns have the opportunity to work on our dynamic, urban campus in a variety of areas.
As a participant in the IUPUI Student Affairs Summer Internship Program, students will:
- Expand their knowledge and understanding of student affairs and their chosen concentration.
- Gain hands-on experience in a professional, student affairs setting.
- Meet and network with nationally-known experts and professionals in student affairs and higher education.
- Join a cohort of graduate students from a variety of higher education/student affairs programs.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
One year of experience in an accredited higher education master’s program and graduate assistantship in student affairs.
2018 Graduate Summer Internship Opportunities
- Campus Recreation
- Civic Engagement - Campus Center and Student Experiences
- Paw's Pantry/Campus Kitchen -- Office of Student Advocacy and Support
- Student Affairs Orientation Programs - Office of Educational Partnerships and Student Success
- Student Organizations/Fraternity and Sorority Life - Campus Center and Student Experiences
For a complete list of internship descriptions and benefits, click here.
Application Process and Timeline
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. Please direct all questions and send all application documents to Andrea Anderson, director of external affairs and special projects, at email@example.com or 317-278-8990.
IUPUI is Indiana's premier urban university, with 18 schools which grant degrees in more than 350 programs from both Indiana University and Purdue University. It is ranked among the top 10 "up and coming" American universities that U.S. News and World Report says people should be watching; home of nationally-ranked programs in nursing, public and environmental affairs, law, and health; and a campus renowned for service learning and civic engagement.
IUPUI’s location within blocks of downtown Indianapolis facilitates advancement of research and teaching, and presents unique opportunities for internships, partnerships, community engagement, and more. IUPUI enrolls nearly 30,000 students representing all 50 states and 122 countries.