Graduate Summer Internship Program
The IUPUI Student Affairs Summer Internship Program will offer several summer internships for graduate students currently enrolled in student affairs, higher education administration, college student personnel, or similar programs. Interns will have the opportunity to begin work during the summer 2017 months. Due to orientation and pay schedule, optimal internship dates are May 30, 2017 through July 28, 2017.
As a participant in the IUPUI Student Affairs Summer Internship Program, students will:
- Expand their knowledge and understanding of student affairs and their chosen concentration.
- Gain hands-on experience in a professional, student affairs setting.
- Meet and network with nationally-known experts and professionals in student affairs and higher education.
- Join a cohort of graduate students from a variety of higher education/student affairs programs.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
One year of experience in an accredited higher education master’s program and graduate assistantship in student affairs.
2017 Summer Internship Opportunities
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Programs Intern – Campus Center and Student Experiences
- Leadership Development Intern – Campus Center and Student Experiences
- Civic Engagement Intern – Campus Center and Student Experiences
- Student Activities Intern – Campus Center and Student Experiences
- Student Organizations Intern – Campus Center and Student Experiences (2 Positions)
- Paw’s Pantry/Campus Kitchen Intern – Office of Student Advocacy and Support
Detailed descriptions of these opportunities can be found here.
Application Process and Timeline
Interested candidates will be asked to complete an application and submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. Please note that only one cover letter is needed, even if applying for more than one position, and only a list of references (not letters of recommendation), is needed. Applications and supporting materials are due March 3, 2017 with phone interviews happening by March 24, 2017 and offers being extended by March 31, 2017.
Please direct all questions to Andrea Anderson, director of external affairs and special projects, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-278-8990.
IUPUI is Indiana's premier urban university, with 17 schools which grant degrees in more than 200 programs from both Indiana University and Purdue University. It is ranked among the top 10 "up and coming" American universities that U.S. News and World Report says people should be watching; home of nationally-ranked programs in nursing, public and environmental affairs, law, and health; and a campus renowned for service learning and civic engagement.
IUPUI’s location within blocks of downtown Indianapolis facilitates advancement of research and teaching, and presents unique opportunities for internships, partnerships, community engagement, and more. IUPUI enrolls nearly 30,000 students representing all 50 states and 122 countries.