Graduate Summer Internship Program
Since 2013, the IUPUI Division of Student Affairs has offered a summer internship program for graduate students enrolled in student affairs, higher education administration, college student personnel, or similar programs. Each summer, these interns have the opportunity to work on our dynamic, urban campus in a variety of areas. Interns can expect to work between 20 and 25 hours each week and will be paid an hourly rate of $15.
As a participant in the IUPUI Student Affairs Summer Internship Program, students will:
- Expand their knowledge and understanding of student affairs and their chosen concentration.
- Gain hands-on experience in a professional, student affairs setting.
- Meet and network with nationally-known experts and professionals in student affairs and higher education.
- Join a cohort of graduate students from a variety of higher education/student affairs programs.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
One year of experience in an accredited higher education master’s program and graduate assistantship in student affairs.
2017 Summer Intern Cohort
We are excited to welcome the following students to IUPUI this summer:
- Monique Ellis, University of Michigan, Paw’s Pantry/Campus Kitchen Intern
- DaVonti' Haynes, The Ohio State University, Civic Engagement Intern
- Lana Hinds, University of South Carolina, Fraternity and Sorority Life Programs Intern
- Hannah Hoelscher, University of Michigan, Leadership Development Intern
- Paige McCourt, Taylor University, Student Organizations Intern
- Da'Shaun Scott, Indiana University, Student Activities Intern
- Kenneth Smith, Texas Christian University, Fraternity and Sorority Life Programs Intern
- Donna To, Indiana University, Educational Partnerships and Student Success Intern (NODA Intern)
- Holly Weed, Indiana University, Housing and Residence Life
- Mikayla Woodward, University of South Carolina, Student Organizations Intern
Application Process and Timeline
Applications for the 2018 summer internships will be available in January 2018. Interested candidates will be asked to complete an application and submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references.
Please direct all questions to Andrea Anderson, director of external affairs and special projects, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-278-8990.
IUPUI is Indiana's premier urban university, with 17 schools which grant degrees in more than 200 programs from both Indiana University and Purdue University. It is ranked among the top 10 "up and coming" American universities that U.S. News and World Report says people should be watching; home of nationally-ranked programs in nursing, public and environmental affairs, law, and health; and a campus renowned for service learning and civic engagement.
IUPUI’s location within blocks of downtown Indianapolis facilitates advancement of research and teaching, and presents unique opportunities for internships, partnerships, community engagement, and more. IUPUI enrolls nearly 30,000 students representing all 50 states and 122 countries.