Audio Visual Technician
Employees are responsible for setting up and controlling audio and video equipment and lighting for events primarily within, but not limited to, the Campus Center Theater and Multipurpose Room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain basic knowledge of technical equipment (computer, projector, live sound and lighting equipment)
- Set-up, troubleshoot and control audio visual equipment including video projectors, sound equipment and lighting
- Conduct AV 1:1 training sessions with Campus Center Team Members
- Attend technical meetings with clients
- Inspect equipment for damage, and communicate issues that need addressed
- Respond to requests from Senior Coordinator for Facilities and Technical Services
- Attend staff meetings, and individual training sessions
- Follow directions, manage time and work independently
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience with running sound and/or lighting for live events such as lectures, theater productions, concerts and other productions
- Confidence and familiarity with setting up technology-related equipment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic with a great attention to details
- Reliable personal transportation
- Good time management skills
- The physical ability to move and setup furniture (no more than 50 pounds) and technology equipment as needed.
- Ability to climb and safely work from ladders (as tall as 12’) as needed.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 cumulative IUPUI GPA (or be a first-semester student) and be in judicial good standing at the time of application, and those hired must maintain this standing throughout the term of employment. Undergraduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, and graduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. All Campus Center team members must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse team, and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Team members will be scheduled for at least 8 hours per week. Additional hours will be scheduled as needed, but no more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Team members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break, and spring break and over the summer.
Senior Coordinator for Facilities and Technical Services
Applications will only be accepted via the online application on the Campus Center website (http://go.iu.edu/192y). Submit the complete online application, including a professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Senior Coordinator for Facilities and Technical Services at email@example.com.