Cultural Arts Gallery Team Member
Cultural Arts Gallery team members provide overall supervision of the Cultural Arts Gallery and Cultural Arts Gallery II, as well as general information regarding the Campus Center facility, building tenants and their services, campus events and the IUPUI campus in general. They also assist with the planning and implementation of programs and events sponsored by the Cultural Arts Gallery. This position requires a great deal of interaction with clients and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service to all guests and clients in the building
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the policies and procedures outlined in the Campus Center Building Manual and the Campus Center Team Member Manual
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the services provided by Campus Center tenants, general campus services, office locations, campus events and general campus information
- Provide information about current exhibits, upcoming exhibits and gallery programs, as well as general building information, directions, resource material, and other assistance as requested and needed
- Assist with exhibit set-up and tear-down as requested
- Help maintain the safety of all artwork while on exhibit
- Assist with the planning and implementation of gallery programs and events as assigned
- Use available written and electronic resources to problem solve and provide customer service
- Complete all daily log forms, reports and other paper work
- Assist with the implementation of emergency action plans in the instance of a drill or actual emergency
- Attend all scheduled team and all-team meetings (typically 4-6 meetings per semester), and training sessions (typically one day-long session per semester)
- Provide assistance in other work areas as needed
- Adhere to the established dress code (team members are provided 2 shirts and a fleece jacket)
- Other duties as assigned
Previous customer service work experience, excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, attention to detail, reliable personal transportation, strong time management skills, strong inter-personal relationship skills and the physical ability to assist with art exhibit set-up and tear-down are required. Undergraduate work at the Herron School of Art and Design or in Museum Studies and proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, art handling, photography skills, and video editing skills are strongly preferred.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 cumulative IUPUI GPA (or be a first-semester student) and be in judicial good standing at the time of application, and those hired must maintain this standing throughout the term of employment. Undergraduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, and graduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. All Campus Center employees must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse staff, and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Team members must work at least 10 hours per week and will not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Team members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break and spring break and over the summer.
Coordinator for Student Programming
$10.15 per hour
Applications will only be accepted via the online application on the Campus Center website (http://go.iu.edu/192y). Submit the complete online application, including a professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Cultural Arts Gallery Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.