IUPUI CAMPUS CENTER ACCESS AND USE POLICY
The purpose of the IUPUI Campus Center is to serve primarily the needs of IUPUI students, faculty, and staff, and secondarily to serve the needs of visitors and guests, including patients and staff from the adjacent IU Health facilities. IUPUI reserves the right to request that users produce a valid form of identification in areas that are reserved for students, faculty, and staff.
All users are advised that the use of space and seating, including the use of meeting rooms, galleries, game rooms, lounges, cafes, restrooms, tables, chairs, sofas, computers, printers, and the like, within the IUPUI Campus Center facility shall be confined to the purpose(s) for which the space and property are designed and equipped for which they are suitable. In an effort to ensure a pleasant, productive, and reasonable environment for all, users shall observe the following rules, including but not limited to:
- Users are prohibited from engaging in disruptive behavior or other behavior and activities that substantially interfere with the enjoyment of other users of the facility.
- Camping and excessive sleeping in the IUPUI Campus Center are prohibited. For purposes of this policy, “camping” includes sleeping for an extended period of time (not including incidental napping), lying down and sleeping on a couch, bench, floor or other surface, with or without one’s belongings; excessive use of seating or space that interferes with priority usage for students, faculty, or staff; using the bathrooms for bathing, showering or for more than casual grooming; use of bedrolls, blankets and other such covering; storing personal belongings; carrying on cooking activities; and other similar behavior that amounts to using the seating or space as a temporary shelter or living quarters. Whether a given use constitutes “camping” will be determined based on the facts and circumstances of specific situations.
- Users are prohibited from entry into unauthorized areas of the Campus Center.
- Users other than students, faculty and staff with prior permission are prohibited from remaining in the Campus Center after closing or when requested to leave (emergency situations and drills included).
- Users shall comply with all campus policies and procedures, including without limitation policies prohibiting weapons and animals (except for service and therapy animals that have been approved in accordance with applicable University policies).
- Unattended property will be subject to confiscation.
Individuals who violate this policy will be asked to promptly comply or leave the premises. Failure to comply with a request to leave the IUPUI Campus Center and/or University property may subject such individuals to arrest and criminal prosecution under provisions of applicable state, county, and city laws. In the case of students, faculty, and staff who violate this policy, IUPUI reserves the right to pursue disciplinary action in accordance with applicable rules, including without limitation the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct, employment policies, and the Academic Handbook.