CUBE Team Member
CUBE team members provide information about student organizations and related policies and procedures; the Den and all associated policies and procedures; student activities programs and services; general Campus Center policies; campus events and the general IUPUI campus; and the surrounding Indianapolis community. They also manage the reservation, upkeep, and maintenance of the CUBE space. This position requires a great deal of interaction with clients and guests as well as the physical ability to complete furniture set-up and tear-down.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service to all guests and clients in the CUBE and in the Campus Center, including providing general information, directions, resource material and other assistance as requested and needed
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the policies and procedures outlined in the Campus Center Building Manual and Campus Center Student Employee Manual
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the services provided by student activities team, policies and procedures pertaining to student organizations and student organization events (registration, The Den, the Activity Form, etc.), general campus services, office locations, campus events and general campus information
- Use available written and electronic resources to problem solve and provide customer service
- Complete the set-up and tear-down of the CUBE lounge area as designated in the daily set-up worksheet
- Communicate with other team members regarding the status of activity forms and pending actions needed
- Assist with management of student organization mail, student activities email, attendance tracking equipment, and more
- Complete all daily log forms, reports and other paper work throughout shift
- Complete specific tasks related to opening and closing the facility
- Maintain cleanliness of surrounding areas (desk, doors, furniture, kitchenette, etc.)
- Assist with the implementation of emergency action plans in the instance of a drill or actual emergency
- Attend all scheduled area team and all-team meetings (typically 4-6 meetings per semester), and training sessions (typically held the last two weekdays prior to the first day of class in the fall and spring semesters)
- Provide assistance in other work areas as needed
- Adhere to the established dress code (staff members are provided 2 shirts and a fleece jacket)
- Other duties as assigned
Previous customer service work experience, excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal communication skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, attention to details, reliable personal transportation, strong time management skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills and the physical ability to complete furniture set-up and tear-down are required. Previous experience using the Den and/or planning or registering student organization events is strongly preferred.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 cumulative IUPUI GPA (or be a first-semester student) and be in judicial good standing at the time of application, and those hired must maintain this standing throughout the term of employment. Undergraduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, and graduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. All Campus Center team members must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse team, and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Team members must work at least 10 hours per week and will not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Staff members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break and spring break and over the summer.
Coordinator for Student Organizations
$10.15 per hour
Applications will only be accepted via the online application on the Campus Center website (http://go.iu.edu/192y). Submit the complete online application, including a professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the CUBE Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.