Event Services Assistant
Team Members will assist with all aspects of the event management process and contact with clients hosting events in the Campus Center is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service to all guests and clients in the building
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the policies and procedures outlined in the Campus Center Building Manual and the Campus Center Team Member Manual
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the services provided by Campus Center tenants, general campus services, office locations, campus events and general campus information
- Serve as a point of contact for both internal and external clients from beginning of the event to end of event
- Understand how to effectively use the EMS scheduling software to schedule a wide range of meetings and events
- Provide information and support to clients (student organizations, university departments, off-campus groups) to successfully plan and execute events using Campus Center resources
- Assist with processing paperwork related to events (request forms, room confirmations, AV equipment needs, setup notes)
- Coordinate the distribution, setup, and collection of table tents, window banners, easel displays, bulletin board postings
- Assist with room furniture and technology setups for events, including locking and unlocking of rooms, turning on and setting up AV equipment
- Work special events as special event point of contact
- Work a weekly Operations shift to understand complete dynamics of event execution from beginning to end
- Be involved with an IUPUI event planning student organization such as MPI or similar organization
- Use available written and electronic resources to problem solve and provide customer service
- Complete all daily log forms, reports and other paper workAssist with the implementation of emergency action plans in the instance of a drill or actual emergency
- Attend all scheduled team and all-team meetings (typically 4-6 meetings per semester), and training sessions (typically one day-long session per semester)
- Provide assistance in other work areas as needed
- Adhere to the established dress code (team members are provided 2 shirts and a fleece jacket)
- Other duties as assigned
Previous customer service related work and /or experience in event planning, excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, strong attention to details, strong computer and data entry skills, reliable personal transportation, strong personal time management skills, and a physical ability to assist with furniture and technology setups, if needed. A friendly, helpful, patient and positive attitude are required. Candidates must be in good academic and judicial standing. TCEM students are highly preferred for these positions. All Campus Center team members must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse team and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Prefer candidates with undergraduate work in Tourism, Convention, Event Management degree program.
Team members must work at least 10 hours per week and will not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Team members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break and spring break and over the summer.
Coordinator for Guest Services
$10.15 per hour
Applications will only be accepted via the online application on the Campus Center website (http://go.iu.edu/192y). Submit the complete online application, including a professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Event Services Manager at email@example.com.