Game Room Team Member
Game Room team members provide general supervision of the Game Room and TV Lounge spaces. They also assist with the planning and implementation of Game Room programs and events. This job is performed in a busy and sometimes noisy environment and requires a great deal of interaction with clients and guests. It also requires the physical ability to arrange/re-arrange furniture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service to all guests and clients in the building
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the policies and procedures outlined in the Campus Center Building Manual and the Campus Center Team Member Manual
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the services provided by Campus Center tenants, general campus services, office locations, campus events and general campus information
- Establish and maintain a mastery understanding of the equipment in the Game Room as well as rules and regulations for recreation tournaments
- Enforce Game Room policies and procedures with all guests and visitors
- Use available written and electronic resources to problem solve and provide customer service
- Complete all necessary shift logs and forms associated with Game Room usage, equipment checkout, unclaimed ID cards, equipment inventory, maintenance issues and concerns
- Assist with the planning and implementation of programs and events as assigned
- Maintain a clean and organized Game Room, including cleaning tables, arranging chairs, dusting equipment, cleaning bulletin and dry erase boards and organizing games and office equipment
- Maintain an organized TV Lounge, including collecting trays and arranging tables and chairsProvide customer access to Individual Multi-Use Rooms and ensure rooms are tidy and secured when customer departs
- Provide secondary assistance with theater box office functionsAssist with building closing procedures
- Assist with the implementation of emergency action plans in the instance of a drill or actual emergency
- Attend all scheduled team and all-team meetings (typically 4-6 meetings per semester), and training sessions (typically one day-long session per semester)
- Provide assistance in other work areas as needed
- Adhere to the established dress code (team members are provided 2 shirts and a fleece jacket)
- Other duties as assigned
Previous customer service work experience, excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, reliable personal transportation, strong time management skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills and the physical ability to arrange/re-arrange furniture are required. An interest in and experience with a variety of video and recreational games is preferred.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 cumulative IUPUI GPA (or be a first-semester student) and be in judicial good standing at the time of application, and those hired must maintain this standing throughout the term of employment. Undergraduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, and graduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. All Campus Center team members must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse team, and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Team members must work at least 10 hours per week and will not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Team members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break and spring break and over the summer.
Coordinator for Student Programming
$10.15 per hour
Applications will only be accepted via the online application on the Campus Center website (http://go.iu.edu/192y). Submit the complete online application, including and professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Game Room Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.