Game Room Team Member
Information Desk team members provide information about the Campus Center and events taking place in the facility; building tenants and their services; campus events and the general IUPUI campus; and the surrounding Indianapolis community. They also manage the set-up and take-down of information tables and assist information table clients. This position requires a great deal of interaction with clients and guests and the physical ability to complete furniture set-up and tear-down.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service to all guests and clients in the building, including providing general information, directions, resource material and other assistance as requested and needed
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the policies and procedures outlined in the Campus Center Building Manual and the Campus Center Team Member Manual
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the services provided by Campus Center tenants, general campus services, office locations, campus events and general campus information
- Use available written and electronic resources to problem solve and provide customer serviceComplete the set-up and tear-down of information tables as designated in the daily set-up worksheet
- Communicate with other team members when clients arrive to have rooms opened
- Assist with management of ID cards for individuals using the Individual Multi-Use Rooms
- Complete all daily log forms, reports and other paper work throughout shift
- Accept and record items turned in to the Information Desk Lost and Found
- Complete specific tasks related to opening and closing the facility
- Maintain cleanliness of surrounding areas (desk, doors, furniture, etc.)
- Assist with the implementation of emergency action plans in the instance of a drill or actual emergency
- Attend all scheduled team and all-team meetings (typically 4-6 meetings per semester), and training sessions (typically one day-long session per semester)
- Provide assistance in other work areas as needed
- Adhere to the established dress code (team members are provided 2 shirts and a fleece jacket)
- Other duties as assigned
Previous customer service work experience, excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, great attention to details, reliable personal transportation, good time management skills and the physical ability to move and setup furniture and technology equipment on a daily basis are required.
Candidates must have at least a 2.0 cumulative IUPUI GPA (or be a first-semester student) and be in judicial good standing at the time of application, and those hired must maintain this standing throughout the term of employment. Undergraduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours, and graduate candidates and team members must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. All Campus Center team members must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse team, and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Team members must work at least 10 hours per week and will not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Team members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break and spring break and over the summer.
Coordinator for Guest Services
$10.15 per hour
Applications will only be accepted via the online application on the Campus Center website (http://go.iu.edu/192y). Submit the complete online application, including a professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Information Desk Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.