Work @ the Campus Center
The Campus Center, as a department, is always looking for enthusiastic and dependable students to continue the legacy of student leadership and management of the Campus Center. Working for the IUPUI Campus Center not only provides a flexible schedule, but also a dynamic environment in which to learn and enhance skills that will benefit you upon graduation.
Our student team members also enjoy:
- Convenience of working on campus
- Opportunity to develop transferrable skills
- Networking opportunities
- $9.00 per hour starting wage
- Opportunity for promotion to management & specialist positions
IUPUI students interested in applying must complete our application. We accept applications continuously, although positions may not be currently available. When positions open up, individuals with applications on file will be contacted. Applications will be kept on file for no more than two (2) months.
Instructional Designer Specialist Position Description
Employee is responsible for collaborating with professional staff to develop instructional materials and products; assisting in the technology-based redesign of Campus Center student training materials; and assisting Campus Center professional staff in learning about, becoming proficient in, and applying instructional technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Make recommendations regarding course design, use of technology, and instruction delivery options
• Develop instructional materials and products for technology-based redesign of student employee training
• Design learning products, including web-based aids or electronic performance support systems
• Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction
• Communicate effectively and professionally
• Follow directions, manage time and work independently
• Attend staff meetings, and individual training sessions
• Other duties as assigned
• Graduate or upper-division undergraduate student with career interests in designing and implementing instructional systems
• Familiarity with online training systems
• Ability to work well in a team environment making steady progress on multi-faceted projects
• Detail-oriented, strong problem solving skills
• Experience working with a variety of software and platforms
• Experience with video editing software (such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
• Experience converting paper and e-document materials to web-based resources
• Organizational and interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be in academic and judicial good standing
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use collaborative technology such as Adobe Captivate, Trello, etc.
• Comfortable working one-on-one and in small groups in an instructional and consulting capacity
• Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor
• Scheduling flexibility
This is a 10-15 hour a week position available immediately and is classified as a temporary hourly assignment. Work hours are flexible; Monday – Friday, between 8am and 5pm. Occasional weekend or evening hours may be required. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break and spring break and over the summer.
Senior Coordinator for Facilities & Technical Services
$10.00 per hour
This position may be arranged as a credit-granting internship. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for meeting the internship requirements of their academic program.
Applications will only be accepted via the online application below. Submit the complete online application, including a professional résumé. A personal interview, check of two work-related references and a criminal background check must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Senior Coordinator for Facilities and Techncial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.