Social Media and Marketing Specialist
Implements, manages and measures departmental social media and marketing initiatives for student engagement, quality control and consistent messaging per department guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops initiatives in social networking, video sharing, and other social media technologies.
- Coordinates content production and publishing on department social media sites and technologies.
- Establishes metrics and tracking of social media initiatives.
- Plans and implements social media programs for the department providing a strategy consistent with overall department and Division of Student Affairs marketing strategy.
- Develops and maintains social media guide for department.
- Trains staff and students on procedures to maintain department, division, and University standards and meet University quality objectives.
- Attend student team meetings (3 times per semester), and all-team and individual training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead department social media strategy and look for ways to increase interactions and improve student engagement. Coordinate efforts among the various social media channels made by different entities within the department. Maintain the posting schedule, direct the response to comments, develop ideas for staff/guest posts, and find ways to grow student involvement. Maximize cross communications/promotions whenever possible.
- Provide guidance to other student team members on tone, subject matter, frequency, timing and other best practices. Contribute a high volume of posts across multiple social media accounts.
- Create and cultivate communities by engaging IUPUI students through discussion on social media accounts.
- Gather information (through traditional media, blogs, social networks, and students) on important topics and trends relating to Campus Centers/Unions and student activities and use where applicable (IU Bloomington, ACUI, etc.).
- Train and supervise staff in managing unit social media sites where applicable (e.g., Game Room Facebook page).
- Promote the highest standards of the profession in accordance with IUPUI principles, ethics and standards and established good practice in the Division of Student Affairs.
- Maintain academic and judicial good standing.
All Campus Center employees must have a commitment and interest in working with a diverse staff, and serving a diverse population of clients and guests.
Team members will be scheduled for at least 10 hours per week. Additional hours will be scheduled as needed, but not more than 25 hours per week. A variety of work hours are available during the morning, day, and evening, and on weekdays and weekends, whenever the Campus Center facility is open. Team members may also occasionally be assigned to work at late-night events. Work hours are also available during fall break, semester break, and spring break and over the summer.
Senior Coordinator for Facilities and Technical Services
Complete and submit the online application (http://campuscenter.iupui.edu/employment), including a resume and list of references. A criminal background check, personal interview, and checks of two professional references must be completed before a hiring decision will be made. For questions about the position and/or the application process contact the Senior Coordinator for Facilities and Technical Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.