Main Gymnasium (PE 150)
Campus Recreation offers use of the main gymnasium on an informal basis (badminton, basketball, volleyball), whenever athletic games, special events, intramural league play and classes are not scheduled.
The main gymnasium can set up for either three full volleyball courts, eight badminton courts (both for singles and doubles) or two full basketball courts.
Available to participants who have paid the semester recreation fee and have a valid IUPUI Jag Tag I.D.
- Basketballs/Volleyballs available upon request
- Membership: Included in Students recreational fee and Faculty/Staff recreational fee
Main Gym Policies and Procedures
- All participants must present a valid IUPUI Jag Tag ID and have paid the semester recreation fee before entering the gymnasium. No exceptions.
- Since participation in recreational activities are on a voluntary basis, neither the university nor Campus Recreation will accept responsibility for injuries sustained while participating in the recreational and intramural programs.
- No dunking. No hanging on the rims.
- Appropriate attire must be worn. •Shoes: Proper footwear (non-marking soles) must be worn by all participants. Open-toed footwear is not allowed in the workout areas, racquetball courts and basketball courts. Hard-soled dress shoes, spikes/cleats or boots are not allowed.
- Shirts: Shirts bearing inappropriate messages are not allowed. Due to potential biological hazard, medical scrubs are not permitted.
- No personal items such as bookbags, workout bags, and coats are allowed in the Main Gym and Racquetball Courts. Please lock your personal items in the PE lockers. You may bring in your own locks and use the A/B lockers on a daily basis or you may rent a locker from the Natatorium Front Desk for the semester.
- No guests or children are allowed. Anyone entering the activity area must have a valid IUPUI Jag Tag ID and have paid the semester recreation fee.
- No Smoking. No eating. No pets.
- The use of the facility may be restricted at certain times. A notice will be posted.
For Rental information of the Main Gymnasium, click here.
Dance Studio (PE 155)
The Dance Studio is scheduled for physical education classes, informal group fitness classes (aerobics, yoga, zumba), and club activities (cheerleading, dance, fencing, martial arts). This studio features a wall of mirrors. The Dance Studio is available by request only whenever informal classes, physical education classes and special events are not scheduled. Please go Department of Kinesiology (PETM) at for more information and to complete a Rental Request Form.
Dance Studio Policies and Procedures
- All participants in group fitness classes must sign in and provide an IUPUI Jag Tag I.D.
- Student club members using the Dance Studio must sign in and provide an IUPUI Jag Tag I.D.
- Appropriate attire must be worn. Shoes: Proper footwear (non-marking soles) must be worn by all participants (exception: when involved in a program that requires bare feet). Open-toed footwear is not allowed in the workout areas and basketball courts. Hard-soled dress shoes, spikes/cleats or boots are not allowed.
- No eating, smoking or pets allowed.