Counseling & Psychological Services
Feeling sad? uncertain? worried?
Having academic problems? relationship problems?
Difficutly getting things done?
CAPS provides mental heatlh services for IUPUI students...
- group counseling
- individual counseling
- medication management
...and support to the IUPUI community.
- substance abuse prevention/education
- educational workshops
Steps for establishing services
- Stop by our office, Walker Plaza, 2nd floor, between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Complete a brief series of online forms (~ 30 minutes, only accessible at CAPS' Office).
- Schedule an initial appointment with a CAPS' counselor. Initial appointments are typically scheduled within a week of your initial request; however, during times of high demand, the wait may be longer.
- Following the initial appointment you will be assigned a counselor who will contact you to set up your next appointment.
Parking is available in the adjacent Walker Plaza lot during the time you have business in the building, but not during other times. An E-lot is available across Indiana Avenue from Walker Plaza. See Campus Map for additional information.
Same day crisis appointments will be arranged for students experiencing:
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Having difficulty completing typical daily tasks; and/or
- Facing an acute stressor that threatens the safety of self or others.
If you would like to review portions of the paperwork prior to coming to CAPS, the documents are available below.
IUPUI CAPS reserves the right to refer individuals to other mental health care providers for concerns that are beyond the scope of practice at this facility.
Faculty and staff services are provided by the IU Employee Assistance Program.