Counseling & Psychological Services
Clinical Training & Internships
IUPUI CAPS offers an advanced practicum experience for 3-5 graduate students each year. Students enrolled in accredited academic programs (e.g., clinical or counseling psychology) at either the doctoral or master's level are eligible to apply.
The following are minimum qualifications for applicants:
- Current enrollment in an accredited doctoral or master’s level academic program in clinical or counseling psychology
- Prior mental health experience (this includes relevant work/volunteer experience). Doctoral students must complete at least one therapy/counseling practicum prior to placement at CAPS
- Placement duration of 3 consecutive semesters, unless otherwise prohibited by a student’s academic program
CAPS offers two tracks: counseling and psychoeducational assessment (doctoral level only). Students who wish to apply for the psychoeducational assessment track must complete cognitive assessment coursework prior to starting at CAPS.
- Please submit a current CV and cover letter.
- In your cover letter, include the following information: desired start date of placement (i.e., fall or summer semester), why you are interested in the site, track desired (i.e., assessment or counseling) and specific skills you wish to develop during practicum.
- Applicants may apply for both tracks; please specify this interest in your cover letter.
Please submit all materials by March 1, 2017 to:
Emily F. Williams, Psy.D., HSPP
Assistant Director of Graduate Student Training
IUPUI Counseling and Psychological Services
719 Indiana Avenue, Walker Plaza, Suite 220
Indianapolis, IN 46202
CAPS receives a high volume of applications which are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants will be contacted via email regarding application status and the interview process.
For detailed information regarding the practicum experience at IUPUI CAPS, please refer to the brochure below.