Counseling & Psychological Services
Clinical Training & Internships
IUPUI CAPS offers an advanced practicum experience for 3-5 graduate students each year. Students enrolled in accredited doctoral or master's level academic programs that lead to licensure as a mental health clinician (e.g., LMHC, LCSW, HSPP) are eligible to apply. IUPUI CAPS training emphasizes individual and group counseling, including initial assessment of clinical concerns.
The following are minimum qualifications for applicants:
- Current enrollment in an accredited doctoral or master’s level academic program that leads to licensure as a mental health clinician.
- Prior mental health experience (this includes relevant work/volunteer experience). Doctoral students must complete at least one therapy/counseling practicum prior to placement at CAPS.
- Placement duration of 3 consecutive semesters, unless otherwise prohibited by a student’s academic program
- Please submit a current CV and cover letter.
- In your cover letter, include the following information: desired start date of placement (i.e., fall or summer semester), why you are interested in the site, and specific skills you wish to develop during practicum.
Please submit all materials by March 1, 2018 to:
Petra Batek, MSW, LCSW
Interim Practicum Coordinator
IUPUI Counseling and Psychological Services
719 Indiana Avenue, Walker Plaza, Suite 220
Indianapolis, IN 46202
CAPS receives a high volume of applications which are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants will be contacted via email regarding application status and the interview process.
For detailed information regarding the practicum experience at IUPUI CAPS, please refer to the brochure below.