Counseling & Psychological Services
Feeling sad? uncertain? worried?
Having academic problems? relationship problems?
Difficutly getting things done?
CAPS provides mental heatlh services for IUPUI students...
- group counseling
- individual counseling
- medication management
...and support to the IUPUI community.
- substance abuse prevention/education
- educational workshops
CAPS OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FOR HOLIDAY BREAK DECEMBER 23RD THROUGH JANUARY 1ST ****
For emergency situations outside of our business hours, contact one of the 24-hour numbers listed on this page or go to your nearest emergency room.
We plan to resume regular service provision in the spring semester, at which time we hope to have filled both a recently vacated psychologist position and a new counselor position.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
If you have already contacted us about services
- You have received an email providing more detailed information regarding our service options and community resources.
- This email incuded information about a 4-week cognitive behavioral therapy group that you may attend at no charge. Please contact CAPS if you would like to register for the CBT group.
- If you did not receive an email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have already been notified of wait-list status, you will be given priority for starting counseling this semester, if openings become available.
- If you are scheduled for an intake between now and the end of the semester, but are no longer interested in CAPS services, please contact us to cancel your appointment
- If you chose to keep your intake appointment your information will be maintained for counselor assignment as openings become available.
- If you are in need of more immediate care or prefer to not wait for services, CAPS staff will assist you in securing community services.
IUPUI CAPS reserves the right to refer individuals to other mental health care providers for concerns that are beyond the scope of practice at this facility.
Faculty and staff services are provided by the IU Employee Assistance Program.