Counseling & Psychological Services
CAPS provides mental health services for IUPUI students...
- group counseling
- individual counseling
- medication management
...and support to the IUPUI community.
- educational workshops
Steps for establishing services
- Stop by our office, Walker Plaza, 2nd floor, between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Complete a brief series of online forms (~ 30 minutes, only accessible at CAPS' Office).
- Schedule an initial assessment appointment. Appointments are typically available within a week of your initial request; however, during times of high demand, the wait may be longer.
- Recommendations for treatment (group or individual counseling, medication) will be based on your assessment. If we cannot meet your needs, we will help you find additional resources.
Parking is available in the adjacent Walker Plaza lot during the time you have business in the building, but not during other times. An E-lot is available across Indiana Avenue from Walker Plaza. See Campus Map for additional information.
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Having difficulty completing typical daily tasks; and/or
- Facing an acute stressor that threatens the safety of self or others.
If you would like to review portions of the paperwork prior to coming to CAPS, the documents are available below.
Faculty and staff services are provided by the IU Employee Assistance Program.