Health & Wellness Promotion
Alcohol & Other Drug Education
AlcoholEdu® for College
Some students have experienced longer than expected loading times for both AlcoholEdu® and Haven. In order to ensure that all incoming students complete these online programs before classes begin, the deadline for BOTH courses has been extended to Sunday, August 21 at 11:59pm.
- Focuses on individual choices, safer decision making, and the impact of drinking as it relates to academic and personal success.
- Required for all incoming undergraduate students age 25 and younger.
- Time to complete: 60-75 minutes
- Opens July 25 in One.IU
- Part 1 due August 15, 2016
- Questions? Eric Teske (email@example.com)
- Monday, July 25, 2016 - AlcoholEdu launch, link goes live in One.IU, e-mail with instructions sent to students' university email address.
- Monday, August 15, 2016 - Deadline to complete Part 1. Extended to August 21, 2016.
- Monday, August 22, 2016 - Classes begin
- 45 days after completing Part 1, students automatically receive an e-mail with instructions for taking Part 2. Exact date depends on when Part 1 was completed.
- Friday, October 14, 2016 - Deadline to complete Part 2.
AlcoholEdu® for College is an online program designed to educate new IUPUI students on the impact of drinking as it relates to academic and personal success and help students practice safer decision making. Alcohol can impact any student, including those that don’t drink. AlcoholEdu engages all students to create a healthier campus community.
AlcoholEdu is required for all incoming undergraduate students 25 and younger. It takes most students about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes to complete.
We know that most incoming IUPUI students are not high-risk drinkers - in fact, the vast majority of students like you are not regular drinkers. So why require an alcohol education course for everyone? AlcoholEdu® for College helps you watch out for your friends and roommates, it covers the warning signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning, it brings you up to speed on campus policies about alcohol, and prompts you to think about what you would do in different social situations.
AlcoholEdu® for College is sometimes confused with Haven, however, these are actually two different courses. Some incoming students will need to complete both. Follow this link for more information about Haven.
Students will access AlcoholEdu using their IUPUI username and passphrase through ONE.IU (http://one.iu.edu). Course progress is tracked by student ID, but all answers are kept confidential.
The course has two parts, and is not considered complete until both parts are finished. The course launches on July 25, at which point you will receive an email with instructions for logging in. This is not a "one size fits all" lecture or slide show, this interactive course uses adaptive pathways to tailor the content based on your responses. AlcoholEdu takes your perspectives into account to deliver the most relevant content possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are having technical difficulties with AlcoholEdu, please contact the 24/7 Technical Helpline: 866-384-9062 or look for troubleshooting tips in the FAQ below. If your issue is not resolved, or if you have additional questions, please contact Eric Teske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can't find the link, how do I access the course?
Access to AlcoholEdu and Haven have both moved to ONE.IU (http://one.iu.edu). Simply search for "alcoholedu" or "haven" in the search bar. It should look something like this:
Who needs to complete this?
AlcoholEdu® for College is required for incoming undergraduate students 25 and younger as of August 15, 2015, this includes new students and transfer students. Students who fail to complete AlcoholEdu will have their account flagged as non-compliant and included in a report to the Office of Student Conduct.
Minimum System Requirements
Supports any major web browser released within the previous two-year period. Some browsers may require Adobe Flash for multimedia content.
- Chrome 20+
- Firefox 14+
- Safari 5+
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9+
- AlcoholEdu for College is also supported on the default browser on Android 4.0+
- Courses will not work on smartphones
Resolve Most Issues with These 3 Steps:
- Switch Browsers – use Chrome or Firefox when you can instread of Internet Explorer
- Clear your cache: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache
- If you seem stuck, your screen maybe zoomed in too much causing you to miss a prompt or navigation button. To zoom out on a PC hit “control 0 [zero]” and on a Mac hit “command 0 [zero]” to return to 100% zoom.
Additional Troubleshooting Options
- Close all other applications and tabs (e.g. iTunes, Facebook, YouTube, etc.).
- Full Screen mode: Windows, press F11 / Mac click View menu on the browser and select Full Screen.
- Ensure the course is in its own browser window and not within a frame of the school portal or email client.
- If on a wireless connection, try a wired connection.
- Reboot the computer.
- Disable all popup blockers and 3rd party toolbars.
- Try accessing the course from a different connection (e.g. computer lab, library etc.).
- Try accessing at a different time of day during non-peak internet usage hours (mornings typically have less traffic).