Health & Wellness Promotion
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities on how to prevent it. Sexual violence is a major public health, human rights and social justice issue. We need everyone’s help to end it. Thank you for getting involved and for supporting SAAM efforts.
- Indiana Coalition to End Sexual Assault, “Tealing the Canal”Downtown Canal – Fountain at the Indiana Government Center 302 W. Washington Mon, April 03, 12pm
- IUPUI “It’s On Us” Week of Action IUPUI April 03-07
- IUPUI Healing Written Workshop IUPUI Campus Center 306 Tues, April 04, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- IUPUI Clothesline Project IUPUI Campus Center Atrium Wed, Apr 05, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- IUPUI Healing Written Workshop IUPUI Campus Center 309 Wed, April 05, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Legacy House ROCC-a-Thon Monument Circle, South Quadrant Thu, April 6, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- IUPUI, Bellflower, Damian Center, Free HIV/STI Testing Campus Center Atrium Thu April 06, 11am-2pm
- Marion County Center of Hope, Rally & Resource Fair Indiana Statehouse, Wed, April 19, 12pm-1pm
- Denim Day All Indianapolis Wed, April 26 #IUPUIdenimday
- Denim Walk Wed, April 26, Noon - 1:00pm Monument Circle
- IUPUI Denim Day Wed, April 26 Campus Center 11:00am - 2:00pm IUPUI's Office of Health and Wellness Promotion will distribute denim ribbons and conduct sexual violence outreach in the IUPUI Campus Center from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. We are also encouraging faculty, staff and students to take photos of themselves to share with social media to "wash social media with education and support for survivors."
- IUPUI Take Back the Night – Speak Out and Walk IUPUI, Campus Center Atrium Thu, Apr 27, 6:30pm