Health & Wellness Promotion
Sexual Health Education
The Sexpert Mini-Series is offered so students can gain more comprehensive sexual health education. We utulize the Our Whole Lives program curriculum. This program was developed to create a positive and comprehensive lifespan education program that helps participants gain the knowledge, values, and skills they need to lead sexually healthy, responsible lives.
Topics will cover:
- Young Adults and Sexuality
- Sexual Pleasure
- Keeping Your Body Healthy
- Sexual Orientation
- Sexual Fantasy and Variation
By participating in the Sexpert Mini-Series, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate ways to communicate decisions about whether or when to engage in sexual behaviors.
- Differentiate between biological sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of abstinence, condoms and other safer sex methods in preventing the spread of STDs including HIV.
- Analyze factors that may influence condom use and other safer sex decisions.
- Apply a decision-making model to choices about contraception, including abstinence and condoms.
- Describe a range of ways to express affection within healthy relationships.
- Advocate for young adults to become aware about their personal values around sexual health in order to promote a healthy sex positive environment.