First Year Programs
Whether you're interested in meeting new friends or making a difference in the world or just want to further develop a hobby or interest, the right opportunity awaits you at IUPUI! Choosing to be involved will enrich your time at IUPUI in many ways. Making personal connections with other students and faculty, and being "in the loop" about campus events can help transform a place that can sometimes seem large and overwhelming into a space that's yours. Getting involved also gives you the opportunity to explore new interests, develop skills, enhance your academic pursuits and have an impact on IUPUI and your community.
Ways to Get Involved at IUPUI:
- University College Student Council
- University Common Theme
- Jag Corps
- Freshman Service Scholars
- Office of Student Involvement
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Campus Recreation
- Office of Student Employment
Be a Jag Corps Student Leader
Become a JagCorp student leader and have the opportunity to have an impact on welcoming the first year students. Jag Corps is your opportunity to help incoming students learn more about campus resources, and overall student life at IUPUI. This prestigious leadership position offers great perks, including free lunch on days worked!
What is Jag Corps?
Jag Corps student leaders work with the Office of First Year programs, to help incoming students, primarily during summer orientation and Weeks of Welcome, , helps them adjust to their first year, introduces them to campus resources, and highlights the many ways a student can get involved and be a part of the IUPUI community. This dynamic team of campus leaders will assist new students' transition to IUPUI by:
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Providing information about college life and getting involved
- Presenting information about programs and services that help students succeed
Why Would I Want to be a Part of Jag Corps?
You will develop important leadership skills through this position, along with teamwork, listening and communication, problem solving, public speaking, and the ability to work with a diverse population. And don’t forget the free lunch available on the days you work! Jag Corps Student Leaders are paid on an hourly basis.
When Can I Apply?
Each spring we recruit for Jag Corps through the Career Center on JagJobs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can become a Jag Corps Student Leader. Check back in early spring semester for the 2014 Jag Corps application.
Jag Corps is looking for campus leaders who:
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work with others.
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Are involved in student life at IUPUI. (This may include clubs/organizations, campus leadership positions, athletics, community service, etc.)
- Are enthusiastic and like to have fun.
Students must also have at least a 2.5 GPA and be in good standing with IUPUI.