Leadership Development and Civic Engagement
Programs & Seminars
The (IN)Gaged Challenge
The (IN)Gaged Challenge is an on-campus residential-community engagement program for first-year students in any major. Participants will develop as leaders through community service, educational training, and engagement with the campus and city.
The (IN)Gaged Challenge will kick off on Wednesday, January 31 from 6 to 8 pm and is required for all participants.
By participating in the (IN)Gaged Challenge, students will:
- Build relationships on and off campus with other students, faculty, and community partners.
- Develop a personal leadership style to assist in creating positive social change.
- Have opportunities to translate their new skills to other experiences on and off campus.
Activities will include:
- Discussing food insecurities and food deserts within Indianapolis
- Volunteering at Paw’s Pantry and with community partner Faith, Hope and Love
- Completing leadership development assessments
- Participating in city outings and campus connections
- Learning about this history of Indianapolis and IUPUI
- Team builders
- Resume Writing
Important Dates for Participants:
- Tuesday, February 13 from 6 to 8 pm
- Wednesday, February 28 from 6 to 8 pm
- Wednesday, March 21 from 6 to 8 pm
- Wednesday, April 4 from 6 to 8 pm
- *Meeting locations will be on campus, to be determined.
This program is free for all participants. Meals/snacks, transportation and official (IN)Gaged Challenge promotional items are included.
Registration will open on January 8 at https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eX8GU1pDTpzuCYl.
The (IN)Gaged Challenge is sponsored by Leadership Development and Civic Engagement in partnership with Housing and Residential Life, the Center for Service and Learning, and Paw's Pantry on campus, as well as Faith, Hope, and Love, which aims to be a catalyst for change by engaging in relationships with food-insecure neighbors in Indianapolis on their path to self-sufficiency and the Indiana National Guard.
For more information, please contact Brian Starkel, Assistant Director of Leadership Development and Civic Engagement at email@example.com.