Pride & Traditions
Contest Rules and Conditions:
1. Candidates can be undergraduate, graduate, or professional students enrolled on the Indianapolis campus.
2. Each undergraduate candidate must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above for courses completed at IUPUI. Each graduate or professional candidate must be in good academic standing
3. Candidate applications will be judged on campus involvement, leadership qualities, scholarship, personality, and poise. The first round of interviews will be conducted the week of September 25, 2016. The semifinalists will be notified the week of October 2, 2016. The second round of interviews that is included in the points total will be conducted the week of October 2, 2016.
4. The court will reign over the events of Homecoming week with the Court Royalty being announced at the Masquerade Ball on October 30,2016. All semifinalists will be given one extra ticket for the Masquerade Ball. The Homecoming committee will keep track of the points accumulated over homecoming week which will be based on a weighted point system with Interviews worth up to 25 points, Student Scholarship Fundraising Drive worth up to 20 points, Homecoming Week Attendance worth up to 15 points, an Online Voting poll worth up to 10 points, Can Food Drive competition worth up to 20 points and JagJam worth up to10 points. The Court Royalty will be determined by the individuals with the highest points by October 30, 2016.
5. All semifinalists will be required to attend the following events:
- Pep Rally, October 23, 2016
- Grilled Cheese Delivery Event, October 27, 2016
- Jaggaiting, October 30, 2016
- Masquerade Ball, October 30, 2016
6. The two students crowned Court Royalty will each receive a scholarship worth up to $1,000. The receipt of this scholarship may reduce your eligibility for need-based financial aid awarded through the Office of Student Financial Services.
7. Completed applications will be due by 11:45pm Wednesday, September 21, 2016 . Late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be submitted via the Den.