Student Organizations & Activities
Student Organization Grant
- BEFORE ANY FUNDS WILL BE DISBURSED, YOUR EVENT MUST BE REGISTERED AND APPROVED IN THE DEN.
- Contact the CCSE Finance Specialist (email@example.com) before making any purchases. Without prior approval, reimbursement to anyone in your organization cannot be guaranteed.
- Services such as a speaker or performer must be paid directly by IU. Vendors, except most food vendors and big store vendors, must be paid directly by IU. For example, if you are getting food from Moe’s or you are buying items Walmart, you can pay for it and get reimbursed. If you are getting staging for an event, the vendor must be paid directly by IU. You will not get reimbursed. If the vendor is not in the IU system, they will need to provide a Vendor Information Packet. All Amazon orders must be made through Campus Center and Student Experiences. IT’S RECOMMENDED YOU ASK BEFORE MAKING PURCHASES.
- If ordering food from IUPUI Food Services:
- On the order form:
- Enter Ann Schilling as Fiscal Officer and her email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In payment section, enter “PO, number to follow”.
- On last page in CC box, enter Ann Schilling's email address.
- Completed hospitality form (1-6) must be submitted to Ann Schilling before requisition can be submitted. A list of attendees is not necessary. Do not sign the form.
- If requesting reimbursement:
- Complete reimbursement request form.
- Within 15 days of purchase, or June 1, whichever is first, submit form, original (no photos, scans, copies) itemized receipts with proof of purchase. Receipts that have been emailed to you are acceptable. Proof of purchase would include Paid and method of payment on receipt, or credit card statement showing payment.
- If a purchase is made in January for an event in March, the receipt must be submitted within 15 days of the purchase date in January.
- If requesting reimbursement for food, completed hospitality form and list of attendees must be submitted with receipts and reimbursement request form. DO NOT sign the form.
- If requesting payment to speaker or performer:
- If payment for services is under $1000, please submit:
- If payment for services is over $1000, please submit:
- Completed W-9
- An invoice for services rendered
- The Student Development Funding Committee is committed to enforcing the IUPUI food and beverage policies. If a food license from the Marion County Health Department is required, you will receive notification and a copy of the license must be submitted with the receipts before reimbursement will be issued.
- Before ordering anything with IUPUI/IU colors, logo, name, or image, you must get approval from IU Branding at brand.iu.edu.
- When ordering club apparel, you must order from an approved vendor and a requisition must be submitted. Approved vendors can be found at http://iu.licensing.indiana.edu/partners/licensees.cfm.
- Any changes to a proposal must be approved by the Student Development Funding Committee by emailing them at SDFC@iupui.edu.
Undergraduate Educational Enhancement Grant
- Contact Sherry Steingass, Campus Center and Student Experiences Business Manager, before making any purchases. Without prior approval, reimbursement to anyone in your organization cannot be guaranteed.
- An IUPUI student/faculty/staff cannot be reimbursed for another person's expenses except lodging. All receipts and proof of payment MUST be in the name of the student requesting the reimbursement and not someone else’s such as parents, spouses, etc.
- Please note that students who travel and get reimbursed will no longer receive a check. Their reimbursement will go through financial aid and be posted to the bank account linked to their bursar account.
- Reimbursements will be submitted after travel.
- Any changes to the proposal must be approved by the Student Development Funding Committee by emailing them at email@example.com. This includes a change in attending students.