You can continue to access programs, services, and student life opportunities during the intersession, which is the all-online period from Nov. 21 through Feb. 7. Learn more about our intersession operations here.
Fuel up and dress for success
We know how hard it is to concentrate when you’re in a financial pinch and wondering how you're going to meet your basic needs. You might be anxious about where your next meal will come from or where to find an outfit for a job interview. Paws' Pantry and Paws' Closet are here to reduce your worries by providing you with food and clothing assistance so you can finish school.
Students, faculty, and staff are welcome at Paws’ Pantry, and students are welcome to shop at Paws’ Closet. All you need is a valid CrimsonCard.
How to shop at Paws’ Pantry
This fall, we’ve switched up our operations to help keep you safe. Here’s what you need to know to make shopping at Paws’ Pantry a breeze:
- Students can shop twice per month by making an appointment. Students who forget to make an appointment can access the pantry on Thursdays during walk-in hours. Students are allowed two walk-in visits per semester. Faculty and staff can shop on Thursdays by appointment only.
- If you are a first-time pantry client this fall, you must complete an intake form before you schedule your first appointment.
- Appointments can be made on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance of the pantry opening. For example, if you would like to make an appointment for any time on a Wednesday, you must register for that appointment by 10 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Click the buttons below to select your appointment day/time. At your appointment, you’ll receive a pre-packaged bag of Paws’ Pantry items.
How to shop at Paws’ Closet
Paws’ Closet also has different operations to keep students safe. Keep reading for how to access the closet this fall.
- Students can shop at Paws’ Closet by making an appointment. One student will shop at a time to allow for physical distancing.
- If you are a first-time closet client this fall, you must complete an intake form before you schedule your first appointment.
- Appointments can be made on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Appointments must be made within 24 hours of the closet opening. For example, if you would like to shop at any time on a Wednesday, you must register for that appointment by 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Click the buttons below to select your appointment day/time. At your appointment, you’ll have 30 minutes to shop in Paws’ Closet.
Location and Hours
Paws’ Pantry – Campus Center 130
Tuesdays and Wednesdays:
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – students only, appointment only
Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
10 a.m. – noon – student walk-in hours
Noon – 4 p.m. – student, faculty, and staff appointment-only hours
4 – 6 p.m. – student appointment and walk-in hours
Students are allowed two walk-in visits per semester.
Paws’ Closet – Cavanaugh 117
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – appointment only
3 – 7 p.m. – appointment only
Hours starting Nov. 23 and continue through Feb. 7
- Wednesday and Thursdays, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (students, staff, faculty), appointment only
- We will be open on Wednesday, Nov. 25, but closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 for the Thanksgiving holiday
- We will be closed Dec. 23-24.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (students only), appointment only
- Closet will be closed the week of Thanksgiving break, Nov. 22-29
- Closet will be closed Dec. 23-24
Thanks to our generous donors, you'll find foods to satisfy every meal—breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We even have snacks for those late-night study sessions and hygiene products.
Thank you for your support
Paws' Closet Sponsors:
The IUPUI Welcoming Campus Innovation Fund
Paws' Pantry Sponsors:
Robert H. McKinney School of Law: Development Office, Health Policy and Management at Fairbanks School of Public Health, Academic and Career Development, Center for Teaching and Learning, University Library, Liberal Arts Alumni Association Board, Office of Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs, Campus Center and Student Experiences, Student Affairs, School of Social Work, Division of Enrollment Management (Admissions), Herron School of Art and Design, Institute for Engaged Learning, IUPUI Alumni Council, IUPUI School of Science Alumni Board