Get Help

We’ll provide information about emergency financial support

Living expenses and debt weigh on a lot of people’s minds. We know it doesn’t get any easier when you lose your job or expected funds don’t come through. We have resources for emergency loans and grants so that you can stay in school and finish your degree. Every situation is different, so make an appointment with us to discuss all your options. You may also find it helpful to contact the Office of Student Financial Services or the Office of the Bursar.

Student looks at a computer.

We can provide support when you experience a major injury or illness

When you’re sick or hurt, your entire life might get unsettled. If injury or illness is keeping your from completing your coursework, we can help you find options so that at least your academic record remains healthy. More information is available by visiting Emergency Support.

We’ll offer support to faculty, staff, and other students who are concerned about you

Many people at IUPUI are concerned about you and your success. We accept referrals and provide additional assistance to those who have your best interest at heart.

We’ll never turn you away

If you have experienced sexual misconduct or believe your rights have been violated, you can submit a report and the university will investigate your complaint. You also have several health resources on campus to support you, including Counseling and Psychological Services and staff specializing in interpersonal violence prevention and response.

If you aren’t sure what you need, or if you don't know if we can help, ask anyway! We will never turn you away. If you prefer to do your own research online, start with the Help Me Roar website for an extensive list of campus and community groups ready to help with needs ranging from food and clothing to legal aid to financial and military support.

We’ll honor your privacy

We respect your privacy. We want you to feel comfortable voicing your concerns and considering all the options to your problem. However, in order to investigate your concerns and provide you with the most effective support, it may be necessary to consult with other university faculty and staff. We follow the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and will only discuss your concerns with individuals outside the university if you have given permission, if we are required by law, or if there is a perceived imminent risk of serious harm.

Make a referral

If you or someone you know is in need of support or advocacy, you can make a referral and we will follow up on your concerns.