Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response

If you are impacted by sexual or relationship violence or stalking, we are here to help

You have a wealth of resources available to you should you find yourself in a crisis. One of the ways we can offer support is through relationship violence and sexual assault advocacy.

Our assistant director of interpersonal violence prevention and response provides advocacy and support, regardless of whether you choose to report to law enforcement or the university. As a confidential employee, they will not disclose your identity to university officials or law enforcement without your consent. This advocate will:

  • Connect you with campus and community resources to support your well-being.
  • Help you navigate university policies to minimize the impact on your academic records while you address your health and safety needs.
  • Help you understand state and federal laws.
  • Assist with filing a no-cost Civil Order of Protection through the Marion County Superior Criminal Court if you are a victim of domestic or family violence, stalking, or a sex offense.

If you are in imminent danger or require immediate assistance, call 911 or contact the Indiana University Police Department at 317-274-7911.

Find additional support

To find additional crisis support through the Division of Student Affairs, visit Emergency Resources. If you are not in immediate danger, you may find the following advocacy in the community resources helpful. You can also find an extensive listing of community resources at the Help Me Roar website.