You’re hosting an event! Now what? If you aren’t sure what your needs are or how to create the event of your dreams, Campus Center staff, with help from Tourism, Conventions, and Event Management students, also offer limited planning and consultation services. We’ll answer your questions, share ideas, discuss policies, and help prepare you for a successful event.Request a consultation
Perfect planning prevents problems
Contact Guest Services
Campus Center 370
Take these things into consideration when planning your event. If you don't have all the answers yet, we'll help you figure it out.
- Will you need to access the Campus Center outside of regular business hours?
- For late-night events, security may be required. We will discuss your needs and the related fees for additional staffing and security.
- Nearly all of our spaces have audio and visual technology capabilities. You can request technology assistance from student or professional staff for a fee.
- Food and catering services can be arranged through Chartwells. Find more information at the Chartwells website or by visiting Reserve Space.
- Many types of decorations are permitted, but not all. We’re sorry, glitter. We can help you determine how to make your space look great within the bounds of our policy.
We suggest having as much of your event planned as possible before you make your reservation. Once your event has been confirmed, we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate changes. Having all of your information available in advance will help make sure your event goes off without a hitch.
Put time on your side
Keep these benchmarks in mind to make sure that everything is just the way you want it when the big day arrives.
- 12–13 months out: In most situations, space reservations can be requested approximately one year in advance.
- 30 days out: If you requested that the Campus Center be opened earlier or later than regular business hours to accommodate your event, a meeting will be scheduled to discuss details and expectations. If you’ve reserved space for large-scale programming, we’ll finalize all other details with you at that time, too.
- 14 days out: Finalize all details for smaller programming
- 2 days out: If you need to cancel your event, you must provide notice to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days in advance to avoid paying penalties ranging from $50 to $100.
- Day of event: Check in at the Information Desk on Level 1 of the Campus Center. Our staff will guide you to your space and make sure you have what you need to host your event. You can also call 317-278-2533 to have your room opened or for assistance during your event.