If you’re sticking close to campus this spring break, make it a staycation to remember! Indianapolis is an action-packed city filled with sports, eclectic neighborhoods and unique attractions. Use your time off from school to relax and have some fun just minutes away from IUPUI.
Your spring break Indy bucketlist
- Challenge your friends to duckpin bowling at Pins Mechanical Co. Special deal: lanes are only $3.00 per person from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Mondays. *Pins becomes a 21+ venue after 8 p.m.
- Battle zombies in a completely immersive VR experience. Gear up at Sandbox VRfor “the world’s most advanced virtual reality.”
- Enjoy a movie at Living Room Theater or Tibbs Drive-In Theatre.
- Explore the art, exhibits and grounds at Newfields. Did you know IUPUI students can get a free annual membership? Just show a valid campus email address and proof of enrollment to the Guest Services desk.
- Take a ride around one of Indy’s premier bike trails, like the Monon or Cultural Trail. Don’t have a bike on campus? Use the Indiana Pacers Bikeshare to rent and pick up/drop off your bike at stations spread throughout the city.
- Grab a sweet treat at Gordons Milkshake Bar. From the birthday cake flavor to lactose free options, this is THE place to get a milkshake.
- Create your own candle at Penn & Beech. Pick different scents to make a unique candle mixed and poured by YOU.
- Get your golf on. Both Back 9 Golf and Entertainment and Top Golf (Fishers) have driving ranges and great food for a fun night with friends.
- Take a day trip to Carmel. Just north of Indy, Carmel is bustling with events and entertainment. Check out the city’s new Midtown Plaza or Arts and Design District.
- Cheer on your favorite basketball team during March Madness. The BW BBALL BASH is taking over the Bottleworks District March 16–19. Catch the games on 20-foot LED screens, grab some food from The Garage and enjoy the tournament.