Nutrition has been and continues to be an important pillar of a student’s heath and well-being. During COVID-19, IUPUI collaborated with IU Bloomington Student Health Center to provide virtual nutrition counseling sessions for IUPUI students. Through the program, students were able to make appointments with registered dieticians from the Bloomington campus.
With limited staff capacity, the virtual nutrition counseling program is being sunset. "We are seeing more COVID-era programs come to an end, and the reality is this un-funded pilot was originally set up as temporary virtual support," said Eric Teske, director of Health and Wellness Promotion.
"The important role of nutrition has not changed, but the way students access one-on-one support will be more campus-specific moving forward."
On-campus nutrition resources for students
- Campus Recreation members receive discounted nutrition coaching through NIFS, which now offers multi-session packages for more ongoing support.
- The Student Wellness Directory lists campus health and wellness resources that are in a searchable and sortable database format.
- Students, faculty and staff can request nutrition workshops through the Division of Student Affairs presentation request form.
- Dining services nutrition information is available to students for every location and menu item served on campus.
- Students can shop at Paws’ Pantry to access fresh, frozen and nonperishable foods.