Counseling & Mental Health Services

The support you need and the care you deserve

Taking good care of your mental and emotional health is an important part of taking care of you. Doing everything on your list—work, school, relationships, family responsibilities, and self-care—likely takes more energy and effort than ever before. If you feel overwhelmed, sad, or anxious, it is even harder.

IUPUI CAPS offers a full range of mental health services and support. For clinical needs, we offer a combination of telehealth and in-person options. The availability of in-person services will be based on the public health situation. As a health care facility, in-person services will require masks according to current public health guidelines.

If you are requesting services, we will send you information about completing the initial paperwork remotely. In most cases, initial sessions will be completed remotely using a secured video platform. Explore our counseling options for more information.

IUPUI CAPS experiences a consistently high volume of requests for clinical services. As a result, we are unfortunately not able to offer interviews related to class projects.

Crisis resources

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:988 or 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
Crisis Text Line:Text HOME to 741741
National Domestic Violence Hotline:1-800-799-7233
National Sexual Assault Hotline:1-800-656-4673
Veterans Crisis Line:Text 838255 or 988 then Press 1
Trevor Project Crisis Support (LGBT):Text START to 678678 or 1-866-488-7386

Privacy and your records at IUPUI CAPS

The privacy of health-related information, including your records at IUPUI CAPS, is governed by federal and state laws. IUPUI CAPS prioritizes the privacy of your health care information and strives to comply with all related federal and state laws and professional ethical codes. When laws and codes conflict, CAPS will generally apply the more restrictive of policies and consider the health, safety, and well-being of all involved. Learn additional information about privacy and your records at CAPS.

Campus concerns

Concerned about someone in the campus community? Contact the Behavioral Consultation Team (BCT).

Part of a campus group that has experienced loss or tragedy? Contact JagsCARE.