Whether you live on IUPUI’s campus or in one of the many housing options nearby, you’ll benefit from our exciting metropolitan location—and be able to make the most of your college experience.
Find the perfect place to spend your college years
Become part of the campus community
Experience on-campus urban living at IUPUI. We offer a variety of residential options, including everything from traditional residence halls to townhome and apartment-style communities. You can even choose to live in one of 15 Residence Based Learning Communities, where you live with other students focused on a particular academic area or social cause.Learn more about your on-campus housing options
Or find your own space off campus
If you’d rather live off campus, you’ll find dozens of options in the surrounding neighborhood. You can have your pick of luxury lofts, affordable apartments, and even single-family residences.
Whichever you choose, you’ll still be uniquely positioned to take advantage of everything campus has to offer, including academic support, after-hours events and activities, and even delicious meal options.See some of the housing options around campus
Tips for living off campus
There’s a lot to consider when you’re hunting for the perfect place to call home. We encourage you to think carefully before making your selection.
Things to think about when apartment hunting
- Budget—How much can you afford to pay in rent and utilities without killing your budget? Make sure to include the cost of any extra amenities (like cable and Internet) in this calculation.
- Location—Can you afford to live downtown? If not, how far out are you willing to look?
- Safety and security—What features, like security cameras, locked building entry, on-site security guards, and emergency lights, are important to you?
- Amenities—What appliances do you hope the place has? What are your laundry facility preferences?
- Transportation—Do you have a car? If so, do you have a place to park it? And if not, how do you plan to get to and from campus? If you need to take the bus, make sure there’s a stop nearby.
- Roommates—Do you plan to have one (or more)? If so, take some time to talk about sleeping, studying, and socializing habits before you sign a lease together. That way, you all know what to expect—and can iron out disagreements ahead of time.
- Lease terms—If you don’t plan on living in your place all year round, look for housing options that have flexible lease terms or will let you sublease in the summer. And make sure you know what your options are if you have to break your lease—just in case.
- Fees—What other costs are associated with renting each place? Is there a security deposit? Application or administrative fees? These can really add up, so make sure you find out up front.
Resources for off-campus living
Off-Campus Student Services offers a variety of services and enables you to be successful throughout your college experience.
We can provide you with educational information on a variety of topics, including:
- Rental requirements
- Rental checklists
- Tenant and landlord rights
- Staying safe
- Roommate conflicts
- General tips for living off campus
We also host an annual housing fair to help you find the best place to live while attending IUPUI.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-274-7200.